Monday, December 13, 2010

mom's first turkey

This year, we celebrated with the Barleys, but because I am terrible with the camera these days, I have no pictures to prove it.

I did take pictures of the preparations (because, at that time, my dear husband was caring for our 3 dear littles). Can you even imagine? A chance for your brain to fully process multiple thoughts in a row!!!

This year was my first year to ever bake a turkey. I always want leftovers, but knew we wouldn't have any unless I made some... is that even leftovers?? It was horrible... not the turkey, but the preparations for baking a turkey. BLAH!!! Yuck!

Tom never made it to a pretty platter because I had such a bad cold that I couldn't taste anything so we carved and stored him. When I finally tasted him, he was pretty good, but all turkeys are better fresh out of the oven.

Nothing beats homemade cranberry sauce. Could it look more gorgeous?

The Chex Mix was also a first for me, and it did not last long. DEEEElicious! If you're coming to Memphis for Christmas, you're probably getting some!

I also made sweet potatoes and cornbread casserole, but they were a flop. But, at the end of the day, we had a great time eating, chilling and playing games with Grandma and Grandpa Barley.

4 comments:

Mrs. NO said...

way to go on the turkey. I'm glad to see yet another person agrees with my assessment that prepping a turkey is icky stuff. :-P

Anonymous said...

yummy! good job, christi! :)

Tami said...

You baked it, you ate it, and you're still alive -- You did it!
I'm proud of you. And your sweet potatos were good!

Tami said...

And I didn't even get any corn casserol so it must not have been to bad either.