I have been greatly blessed today through the teachings of a man named Don Miller. Don has a little life experience under his belt. I believe that he is 86 years old and has just celebrated his 64 wedding anniversary. He is teaching a prayer conference this week at Bellevue, and my beloved parents paid for me to attend (a whopping $5 for 3 days of incredible teaching, lunches and childcare... can you beat that?)
I just wanted to share some of the things that stood out to me today, and hopefully they will bless your life as well.
1. "Be still and know that I am God!"
2. "If it's not a house of prayer, whose house is it?" (He was speaking of the church, but I was convicted and spurred on about our home)
3. He spoke of pastors teaching their flocks to pray; what about me teaching my children through word and example about prayer?
4. "Prayer Warriors start small"
5. Continually practice praying.
6. Don't get caught up in things! Put it in perspective of eternity.
7. Finally, "Don't complicate prayer. Keep prayer as simple as God made it." When we look at examples of prayer in the Bible, this point is truly manifested.
I know that these are no new things, but how great to be reminded, or perhaps given a kick in the pants. May I encourage you, and me, to take some time to get alone and communicate with your creator that loves you and wants to talk to you and to hear from you.
I just wanted to share some of the things that stood out to me today, and hopefully they will bless your life as well.
1. "Be still and know that I am God!"
2. "If it's not a house of prayer, whose house is it?" (He was speaking of the church, but I was convicted and spurred on about our home)
3. He spoke of pastors teaching their flocks to pray; what about me teaching my children through word and example about prayer?
4. "Prayer Warriors start small"
5. Continually practice praying.
6. Don't get caught up in things! Put it in perspective of eternity.
7. Finally, "Don't complicate prayer. Keep prayer as simple as God made it." When we look at examples of prayer in the Bible, this point is truly manifested.
I know that these are no new things, but how great to be reminded, or perhaps given a kick in the pants. May I encourage you, and me, to take some time to get alone and communicate with your creator that loves you and wants to talk to you and to hear from you.




2 comments:
Thanks for the challenge and encouragement!
good reminders. thanks! hope you are being refreshed! we all need it, esp. mommies!
Post a Comment