Saturday, May 2, 2009

Branson - Day 3

THE SPLASH-A-TORIUM
We had a great hotel. We really could have spent all of our time there, except to eat!! In the Splash-A-Torium was a large indoor-pool with three sections, hot tub, water slide and sprinkler park type area for the kids. It also had more outside, but it wasn't a nice week of weather.

As you see by her face, Leah always found the pool no fun. She loved the hot tub, so I figure she thought it was just too cold! She clung to me like a monkey the whole time. I didn't even have to hold onto her if I didn't want to except that no one would have enjoyed that screaming!!

Behind the slide was a cool secret tunnel with waterfalls and frog fountains.

They both liked the froggy fountains, but...

...neither one of them liked the circle fountain.

Seth loved this water funnel thing. Each white paddle formed a dam that you could raise to release the water and had different shapes and numbers of holes to let water through slowly. We actually sat Leah in the blue funnel under the waterfall. They could have played at this thing all day.

This picture features Nathan coming down the huge, FAST slide with our firstborn, which was against the rules. Seth screamed bloody murder the entire way down. If you look closely, you see Nate's hand over Seth's mouth, but it was for the landing, not the screaming!

The last thing we did this night was play in the game room. It had a foosball table, a pool table, and an air hockey table. We had lots of fun in this room. Oh... and as you can tell by looking at Nathan, they had a TV in each corner that he got to set to ESPN because we were the first family in there.

If you can't tell yet, I highly recommend our hotel. It wasn't perfect, but it was GREAT. The Grand Country Inn looks cool too, if you're planning a trip. They have an indoor water park, and as I learned on this trip, I'm all about the water fun.

No comments: