On February 8th, the entire city of Memphis woke up to a surprise blanket of snow. No one knew it us coming, but I loved it!! In our home, it went a little like this:About 4 in the morning Kyle woke me up to eat. Our usual routine is that I will turn on the T.V. to get some light, get all of my pillows set up and then get him out of his bed and into mine. Well, as I started to feed him, I looked up at the T.V. and saw a blurry vision of something that had become very familiar to us this year. School cancellings were scrolling at the bottom of the screen. WHAT?! I put on my glasses and watched then woke up Nathan and asked if there were such a thing as Central Day School ....you see, the new administrator had yet to get the name of our school (Central Baptist School) correct. He answered grouchily, "no." And I said, "Then I think you're off today, they're saying that we got snow last night." A little less grouchily he got up and went to the window (funny the way we can muster up plenty of energy when we need to). Sure enough, we had several inches of snow AND he had the day off!!!



(I just love the way that they're both standing there staring at the pile of "snowman". "I don't want to touch it.")
Snowball Fight






1 comment:
aw! Love the Elmo outfit and matching hats!!! Sooo sick of snow...we've never gotten it this often! Still looks like you had fun and I'm glad! Love ya!
Post a Comment