Thursday, February 11, 2010

amazing discovery

Alright, so here's the scoop. On February 6th we were going to the Barley's to celebrate Joy's birthday, which is on the 9th. So, I was helping Seth and Leah make birthday cards for her. Nathan came out to help and, while I was working with Leah, I half-heard him say, "Now make an 'h'." I looked up to find this:

Seriously, am I the only one that did not know that my son can write his own name?

For real, there it is:

S at the top, E at the bottom, H then T in the middle with some H's to the side! Oh! That's a balloon with a smiley face in the center. (Again, no idea he could do that either.)

I'm not a huge fan of teaching kids to write early. In fact, I was going to wait until 5 or 6, but Nathan says he's been playing with a toy I got him for Christmas and just learned them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah seth! don't act surprised, christi--you've always known he was a genius!! it's so exciting, isn't it?!! i saved every paper emma wrote e's on for a long time!