Friday, July 9, 2010

v.b.s.


Seth participated in his first V.B.S. this summer! He was so excited. They've recently started having a class for him each Sunday and Wednesday night at church, and he loves it! So, he was elated as he began to realize that he got to go to church/"class" every night this week. "We get to go again?!"

Well, Seth is a morning person and our V.B.S. was a night time V.B.S. We had talked on Thursday about how if he cried when he didn't get called on, didn't obey his teachers and didn't listen to the lessons, he wouldn't get "Best Behaved" and the chance to race the cars. (the crying has been our issue recently) So for the sake of a happy blog I will not elaborate.... Suffice it to say that on Friday night when he received "Student of the Night" from Pastor Grant and "Best Behaved" from his teacher I was SHOCKED! He had been wanting to race the cars and get that sword ALL WEEK and he was so proud!

NOW! I must share our Jesus story.

One night, as we hurried out the door to V.B.S., I scooped up the dinner left-overs and stuck them in the refrigerator. When we FINALLY returned home, Seth walked to his seat and said, "Jesus ate my pizza." Very matter of fact. Well, I thought that was a funny story so the next morning I was re-telling it to Nathan as Seth walked into the room. Since he was there and I was curious, I asked Seth, "Why Jesus and not Freedom?" To which he replied, "MOM!!!" (as though I was just TOO silly) "Freedom doesn't eat pizza.... she doesn't have hands!" So! Jesus it was!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the things they say say at this age! :) so cute! love all the new pics...thanks for posting! i'm just now getting them uploaded to my computer. new posts will be coming soon! :)