I realize that this is niether a good or pleasant picture, but I wanted to post it in order to help any mommies like me out there. I had no idea what I was looking at when I saw this, but I knew that it was something bad. At first sight, I thought that maybe he had gotten bit at church, but I couldn't find any teeth marks, so my next thought was a bug. As I looked at it more closely, horrible thoughts ran through my head and my instinct was to run to the Dr. right away, but I "calmed" myself down and decided to wait until the next day. Anyway, I couldn't get a good picture so hopefully this will suffice. The only thing you can't tell from the picture is that there are little blistery bumps around the perimeter of the brown section. There are all different kinds of staph., but this is ours, so if you see anything similar on your child, go with your gut and head to the Doc immediately.Saturday, January 17, 2009
staph infection
I realize that this is niether a good or pleasant picture, but I wanted to post it in order to help any mommies like me out there. I had no idea what I was looking at when I saw this, but I knew that it was something bad. At first sight, I thought that maybe he had gotten bit at church, but I couldn't find any teeth marks, so my next thought was a bug. As I looked at it more closely, horrible thoughts ran through my head and my instinct was to run to the Dr. right away, but I "calmed" myself down and decided to wait until the next day. Anyway, I couldn't get a good picture so hopefully this will suffice. The only thing you can't tell from the picture is that there are little blistery bumps around the perimeter of the brown section. There are all different kinds of staph., but this is ours, so if you see anything similar on your child, go with your gut and head to the Doc immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
poor baby! it probably bothers you than him though at this point! ;) thanks for the info. hope he's feeling better. your blog looks cute, btw!
Post a Comment