After all the Fullerton crew left, we saw some of the Barley clan. Joy was in town, then Grandma Lundberg joined us, Joy left and Wesley came. The kids enjoyed seeing them all. (We did also!!)
Yesterday, Leah had an appointment to get her 12 month shots (that's right, we're a little behind!!). We found out that she doesn't yet weigh 18 lbs, which puts her in the 2% for weight. But, she has grown 10 inches since the day she was born; she's 29 inches long!! I knew she was a peanut!! I guess her nickname, "Ladybug," is appropriate. She has been miserable the last day and a half. You can see the "I don't feel good" look in her eyes. So pitiful.
While we were there, the Dr. Susan took a look at Seth's "strange injury" and diagnosed him with a form of a staph infection. So he's on super expensive antibiotics and I'm cleaning the house and praying that Leah hasn't been infected. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, so the only tricky part is treating it with oral and topical antibiotics and TONS of laundry!!I'm so thankful that I can be the one to care for my children when everything is right and when everything goes wrong!!! I love being their mommy... for better, for worse...




No comments:
Post a Comment