Monday, November 24, 2008

ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE DAY

Today was shopping day for us. I had all of my coupons and shopping lists ready to go on Friday, but, as I hear, wisely decided to wait until today. It was a give and take; Saturday, Nathan could have watched the kids, but I would have fought huge crowds. So, we made it a special day --packed snacks and took breaks. First, we went to Wal-mart, then took a break at McD's to eat and play on the playground, and last (sort of) headed for Kroger. At Kroger, I couldn't find my shopping list or coupons which was a huge dilemma. We drove unsuccessfully back to Wal-mart and then found them in a cranny of our van.

At McDonald's, Seth made a "for the first time" memory. He has never gone up into the tunnels of any playground (remember that dislike of the unknown). But today he went up the ladder, played in the the tunnels and came down the slide over and over. I had to force him to leave.





And here is the result of our Day of Shopping!!

That's right, 23 items for a TOTAL OF $21.88

3 comments:

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Need details!! HOW?

Janey said...

Way to go! We've got lots of Cottonelle around here too. Did you have a Q for the cranberries?

Anonymous said...

love the mess! makes me feel like, okay we're normal! ;) they're like little tornados undoing my organization (and mind!) how boring would a spotless house be?!
YEAH seth! no you've really started something! we'll have to go hang out in one of those things so levi and emma can play with him!